Stop paying for expensive Dog Grooming services when you can buy your own equipment for a one off payment and groom your dog yourself. Dog grooming is easy to learn and will not only help you bond with your dog but will give you sense of achievement and satisfaction as you look at your groomed dog and then look at the money you’ve saved.
Follow these 7 steps to a professional dog grooming:
1. Brush your dog before washing to loosen any dirt. This will make it easier to wash out.
2. Use warm water and a good non irritating shampoo to wash your dog. The warm water will make the experience more enjoyable for your dog and ensure they are not scared or hesitant next time you want to partake in dog grooming.
3. Gently clean eyes and ears with a clean, damp cloth. Do not poke too far into your dogs ears as they are sensitive- same goes for the eyes. Remove visible dirt and grime.
4. Trim your dogs nails using specialty dog clippers. Most dog clippers will come with instructions so follow those closely to ensure your dog is not hurt.
5. Dry your dog with a towel. If you dogs coat is long or think they may benefit from a blow dry. They may even enjoy the extra warmth and attention.
6. No dog grooming session is complete without the final brush. Not only will this beautify your pooch but they will enjoy the attention.
7. Always reward your dog for good behaviour. Give your dog a treat at the end of their dog grooming session as this will teach them that if they behave while being groomed they will get a treat. If you are in the process of training your dog then they will know that a treat is good, and no treat is bad.
It’s that simple. So save your money, bond with your pet and prove to yourself that you can do it. There are a lots of superior range of brushes, combs and clippers are available and some of these include:
– Andis clippers and accessories
– Clipper combs
– Clipper blades
– Dirt and debris remover
– Flea comb
– Nail clippers
– Nail scissors
– Knot removers
– Coat stimulator
– Undercoat hair remover
– And the Furminator